Poetry

Poetry is a great way to express your ideas and learn new words. There are many styles of poetry, and while some poems are only a few words long, other poems are great epic novels! Try writing your own poem, it's fun!  

Share your poetry with us at ImagineItBetterPoem@gmail.com

Here is one I wrote to help get you started:

Ode to Chocolate
By Betsy Vail © 2016

Chocolate is my heart’s delight,
It piques my passion’s appetite,
Forever is my palate’s wish
A sapor rush of perfect bliss.

To flutter mind and soul alike,
The state it makes is most dreamlike.
Deserving of a poet’s verse,
It’s my epicurean universe.

Heaven swirls about my tongue,
Although my waist has come undone,
But pity not for errant ways,
Brown temptation for all my days! 

With melted cream you make the best
Fondues, and cakes; but I attest,
(Tis true) Milk chocolate thrills me most,
(It’s) Simple, sweet, and grandiose.

I dare say I could overdose,
Convert to cocoa comatose,
No care about my blood glucose,
For I love chocolate adipose.

To savor taste and gift of G-d,
Divine cure for head and bod.
No fear have I for plenty’s sake,
For chocolate dreams at rest I make.